Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 8th

My career path has allowed me to learn a great deal about human growth and development, but to watch it play out in front of my eyes is remarkable.  I am constantly in awe of all the things Michaela understands.  It is no exaggeration to say she learns something new everyday.  I love this December daily project for helping me to document where she is in her development.  


The evening of the 8th was the first day Michaela showed true signs of not feeling well.  This is yet another thing that amazes me about her, her upbeat attitude.  Here she is with a fairly severe ear infection, which is leading to a skin infection and she merely whimpers a little.  Thank goodness for physical symptoms or I would probably still not be sure what was bothering her!  Our first concern on this evening was trying to comfort Michaela and I didn’t really feel like documenting a miserable sort of day, so I chose to use this day to record the things that Michaela was currently doing.  Here is what I wrote to her…


Michaela-  I am amazed at all the new things you are learning.  You are adding so many words to your vocabulary.  Included on your list of new words are cheese, please, down, star, and no.  You have also started to try and repeat many of the words we say to you.  You know what sounds a cow, kitten, and sheep make.  You are quite an independent eater.  You have started successfully using a fork.  I have learned that the easiest way to get you to eat more is simply up giving you your fork.  When you have had enough food you wrap your hands around the edge of your food tray and tap your fingers as if to say, “all done”.  You also tap your finger like that when you are hugging your bear at bedtime.  I just love that!  You communicate easily by shaking your head.  You mostly shake to say no, but we are working on that.  Running, rather than walking, has become your preference.  You can do your shape puzzle easily (ages 2 and up, HA!).  You pretend to read, even if the book is upside down.  Most recently, you have started to treat your stuffed animals as if they are real.  You feed them, lay them down for naps, and read to them.  As your care for your stuffed animals demonstrates, you are smiley, happy, SWEET little girl and your Dad and I love you so very much!   



No comments:

Post a Comment