Monday, December 20, 2010

December 10 & 11

Today Michaela spent the day at home with Ryan.  I was eating lunch when a picture message came through on my phone from Ryan.  I couldn't quite tell what was going on, but I could tell she had her mittens on!  For whatever reason, she just loves those mittens.  When I got home from work I heard the story behind the photo and just had to include it as today's story.  I also love that Ryan's voice is included in the album.
Homemade slide mount

Here's the text next to the photo...
Michaela is such a peanut; she is still in her infant car seat.  At the doctor yesterday, we noticed she is almost to the weight where she can switch to her big girl car seat.  I set it up and left it out for Ryan to double check.  He spent the day with her at home today.  At lunchtime I received this picture from Ryan.  I had to wait until I got home to hear the full story according to Ryan...
Michaela was having her lunchtime bottle and happened to see her mittens lying on the floor.  She pointed to her mittens and Ryan put them on her.  Then he asked if she wanted to try out her new chair.  Ryan went over to meet her at the car seat, but she did not come over right away.  After calling her name a few times, Ryan went to see what she was doing.  She was trying to pick up her bottle, but with her mittens on it was causing her some difficulty.  She finally picked the bottle up, but could only take two or three steps before dropping it again.  She continued the process of picking up the bottle, taking a few steps and then dropping it.  She eventually made it to the chair, backed her way in to the seat, and then motioned for Ryan to try out the buckles.  I guess she likes the seat!  



December 11th


Michaela finally started to act like her old self today, but we still spent the majority of the day in recovery mode.  Today Michaela received a gift from my friend Elsa in the mail.  She knit Michaela a cute little hat.  When we went out in the evening to do some errands, we tested it out.  It looked adorable with Michaela’s winter coat and she didn’t mind wearing it!  Elsa included a embossed note card with a message on it and I was happy I could include her message.





No comments:

Post a Comment