Sunday, December 8, 2013

December Daily - Day 6

"Giving" is the story for Day 6.  Ryan and I are always looking for good, age appropriate ways to promote thinking of others with Michaela.  Avery is still a bit young to "get" the concept, but modeling thoughtfulness is important at any age.  I don't if any of you have experienced, "I would like to add that to my Christmas list...and that...and that...and that" from your children, but Michaela is definitely at that stage.  She is really sweet about it; she never throws a tantrum or asks to take it farther than putting it on her list, but she definitely enjoys verbally adding to her list!  So, when my Mom mentioned pulling a name off the gift tree at her church for the girls, it couldn't have come at a better time.  My Mom took both girls out to the book store and asked for their help in choosing a gift or two for the second grade girl whose name she had picked from the giving tree.  They had no real information about the girl except that she was in second grade and in need of a Christmas gift.  So, with my Mom's guidance they carefully narrowed down the choices until they decided on a mini American Girl doll and book set.  Then Michaela worked with my Mom to write a note to the little girl saying...


I hope you like to read.  I love books, I hope you like these.  Maybe you can read to Josefina.  Merry, Merry Christmas, Michaela

The best part of this experience for me was hearing Michaela talk about this little girl that she has never met and probably never will.  Thank you Mom for providing Michaela with a powerful example of the joy of giving.          

Pages are not complete yet, but these are the pictures my Mom sent me from her phone.



Day 6 put together



No comments:

Post a Comment